Crane hire services
We provide all areas of lifting expertise to companies big and small across Manchester and the North West region, including Stockport, Warrington and Bolton. All our operatives are fully trained and safety accredited.
Our operatives' certifications include:
- CPCS qualified crane drivers
- CPCS slingers/signallers
- CPCS Appointed persons
- CPCS Crane supervisors
For an informal chat about any of our services call us on 0161 748 1848 or 07831 265 991 or email email@example.com
We can carry out lifts based on CPA conditions or Contract lifting with up to £10 Million employers liability and £5 million public liability.
We can also provide extensive lift planning, risk assessments and method statements and solutions to difficult lifting problems (see our safety guide).
To find out more about which option is best for your business, call us on 0161 748 1848 or 07831 265 991 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get a quick call back
How do I know which crane option I should go with?
CPA-Crane hire is the best option if you...
- Have experience of organising crane lifts.
- Have qualified personnel who can plan and manage the lift.
- Have insurance to cover all contract equipment and personnel and goods being lifted.
CPA-Contract Lift is the best option if you...
- Don't have experience of organising crane lifts.
- Don't want the responsibility of planning & managing the lift on the day.
- Don't want to be liable for insurance to cover contract equipment, personnel and goods being lifted.
With competitive pricing and no hidden charges we're confident that our prices won't be beaten and even guarantee to beat any like for like written quote.
Under the terms of a standard CPA Crane Hire Agreement, the crane and the operator are the responsibility of the customer once the crane leaves the public highway in order to access site. This includes travel on any access roads in the event that the site is not immediately adjacent to the public highway.
The customer's Appointed Person is responsible for planning the lift and all the personnel and equipment involved. In addition, under CPA model conditions, the customer must provide insurance cover for the following:
- Loss of damage to our plant and equipment whilst on site and under the customer's control
- Loss of or damage to the goods being lifted
- Continuing hiring charges whilst the equipment is unable to work as a result of loss or damage
- Legal liability - injury to the driver / operator whilst under the supervision and control of the customer along with injury to third parties, including damage to their property, arising from crane operations.
For hires under CPA Crane Hire agreements, it is important to note the following;
- The customer's Appointed Person must have the knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the lifting operation
- The crane owner must supply a competent operator and crane fit for the intended purpose.
BS7121 Safe Use of Cranes gives a full description of such responsibilities.
In summary, under CPA Crane Hire agreement, it is the customer's responsibility to fully plan, control, supervise and insure the crane operation and personnel.
To find out more about CPA Hire Agreement terms, call us on 0161 748 1848 or 07831 265 991 or email email@example.com
Under the terms of a standard CPA Contract Lift, the crane / equipment, operator and all personnel supplied with the crane, (including the Appointed Person / Crane Supervisor) are the responsibility of the crane owner.
The crane owner is responsible for all aspects of the planning and execution of the lift and will provide insurance cover for the following:
- Loss of or damage to plant / equipment caused solely by the owner's negligence in the performance of the lifting contract
- Loss of or damage to third party property caused solely by the owner's negligence in the performance of the lifting contract subject to:
- - a maximum liability of £25,000 in respect of goods lifted
- - a maximum liability of £5 million in respect of loss of or damage to third party property or death / injury to third party persons
It is important to note that a CPA Crane Hire agreement only becomes a CPA Contract Lift when the crane owner supplies the Appointed Person / Crane Supervisor and hence, accepts liability for planning and supervising the lift.
Specifying the correct type of contract will ultimately improve safety and ensure that the correct system of work is adopted.
Under Contract Lift conditions, the customer still retains certain liabilities and therefore should hold adequate insurance to provide protection against incidents arising from for example:
- Own negligence
- Inadequate or unstable ground conditions
- Inadequate or incorrect information supplied in connection with the goods being lifted